- INGREDIENTS: Dough (Wheat flour, water, extra virgin olive oil, salt, yeast), mozzarella cheese 22%(milk, milk enzymes, microbial rennet, salt), tomato sauce 19%, sunflower oil, sugar, salt, basil 0,1%.
- BAKING INSTRUCTIONS: Preheat your oven to 220°C while letting the pizza defrost at room temperature. Then bake at mid-height on the grill of the oven for about 7-8 minutes or until the mozzarella cheese is well melted. NO MICROWAVE.
- NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: 938 Kcal (410g)
- BRAND WEBSITE: Official Website – Facebook Page
- COUNTRY: Italy
- 5 FACTORS OF AWESOMESAUCE PIZZA:
1) Baking and Appearance: 9/10
This is actually the first time that I buy and eat a frozen pizza so judging is a bit hard because I can’t make any comparison.
However I got to admit that this pizza looked better than others that I had in restaurants and I think you can understand what I’m saying looking at the picture below.
The baking instructions were clear and your pizza will be easily ready in about 20 minutes (considering preheating time): it will be crunchy and perfectly cooked.
They write on the website that “cooking at 400° in a wood burning oven (oak and beech wood) guarantee respect for tradition and completes the work”: I agree.
2) Dough: 8/10
They write on the website that “the soft pizza dough, naturally rising for 24 hours and the Extra Virgin Olive Oil meet to give rise to this unique product”.
The dough is indeed soft but kinda crunchy on the outside.
It should follow the Neapolitan standard but I think that it’s not thin enough in the middle; however the crust is 2 centimeter high and very “bready” and tasty: I loved it.
3) Toppings: 6/10
Reading the ingredients on the box I think that they didn’t put anything bad here: there are only the mandatory components to make a great margherita.
The main problem is the quantity of them: they should add more basils, more tomato sauce and above all more mozzarella.
As you can see in the pictures below the amount of toppings is very disappointing, especially because this is a margherita so these ingredients are very important.
However the quality of the ingredients seems pretty good: they tasted delicious.
6 out of 10
3) Value: 8/10
When I bought this pizza it was on sale for 40% off: its original price was 2,99€. I don’t think I would buy it at its original price since you can buy a margherita for almost 3€ in some restaurants in Milan and also because it is not as big as the fresh one (30cm against 33cm) but when it is discounted it’s totally worth it.
5) Side Effects: 9/10
After a few hours I felt a bit bloated and thirsty but not in a very annoying way.
- OVERALL RATING: 8/10 (great frozen Neapolitan pizza option)
- TV SHOW SUGGESTION: Broad City !!!