- DESCRIPTION: Ligure (Fiordilatte cheese from Agerola, Potatoes from Avezzano, Green Beans, homemade pesto sauce and fresh basils) + Baccalà (Icelandic codfish fillets, little tomatoes from Piennolo, organic capers from Salina, onion compote, provolone cheese DOP, black olives, fresh basils)
- COUNTRY: Italy
- RESTAURANT ADDRESS: Via Ravizza 11 20149 Milano
- RESTAURANT WEBSITE: Facebook page – Official Website
- 5 FACTORS OF AWESOMESAUCE PIZZA:
1) Dough: 10/10
The dough is super thin in the middle, while puffy and thick on the outside.
It follows the typical neapolitan pizza tradition: the crust is not crunchy, but very soft and delicious instead.
The leavening process is natural and they only use top quality ingredients: whole wheat flour and semi-integral type 1, both 100% Italian wheat.
2) Toppings: 9/10
They use seasonal ingredients and top quality raw materials, mostly PDO, PGI and Slow Food.
However I’m rating this factor 9 because I think that even though the combinations of ingredients are carefully designed by a chef (Giorgio Caruso) I think they lack of something.
The Ligure pizza was the best one in my opinion but the potatoes were a bit tasteless: I would have added a bit of salt there.
As for the Baccalà one, I think that there are too many toppings on it to really appreciate the mix of them: I would have totally removed the capers.
Anyway the quantity and the quality of the ingredients are just perfect.
3) Value: 6/10
The value of these pizzas is actually 14€ and 15€ but they added 1€ as a service fee: I think that this is not very fair, especially because the service was nothing special.
I understand that this is not a normal pizza since the quality of the ingredients is very high, the mix of toppings is special and the preparation of the dough follow the old neapolitan tradition; however It’s not a huge pizza and the location is not very precious so I think these prices are a bit too high.
You can understand what I’m saying looking at the menu below.
4) Service: 8/10
This restaurant is always crowded, they don’t take reservations so if you want this pizza you really need to wait a lot to sit.
The pizza is not sliced.
The restaurant is quite nice but the tables are too close to each other so there is no privacy
5) Side Effects: 10/10
I didn’t experience any side effect. Awesome 🙂
- OVERALL RATING: 8.6/10 (pizza gourmet in Milano!)
- BEVERAGE SUGGESTION: Wayan (craft beer)