- DESCRIPTION: 1) Dough made with Sea Asparagus, burrata, green alga, fish eggs, tuna and salmon sashimi + soy sauce 2) Ink Squid dough, mozzarella, eggplants, bass fish, lard from Colonnata + garlic oil / artichokes, scallop, cheek lard + bell pepper sauce 3) Wholewheat dough, mozzarella, beef tartare, foie gras / turkey, capes, sun-dried tomatoes, anchovy + tuna sauce 4) 8 Cereals wheat dough, ricotta cheese, cherry tomatoes, roast beef, mint + more ricotta cheese
- COUNTRY: Italy
- RESTAURANT ADDRESS: Via Maffei 12, 20135 Milano
- RESTAURANT WEBSITE: Official Website – Facebook page – Zomato
- 5 FACTORS OF AWESOMESAUCE PIZZA:
1) Dough: 10/10
The tasting menu offers different kind of dough depending on the toppings.
We tasted 4 different dough and they were all super light and super special.
It’s thin in the center and puffy and soft on the borders as in the Neapolitan style and I loved every single piece of it.
2) Toppings: 10/10
The mix of ingredients were the weirdest and the most delicious ones I ever ate on a pizza.
The first one was basically a pizza sushi and it was amazing; the second one was a mixture of fish and meat and it was definitely my favorite course even though I don’t usually enjoy eggplants and artichokes.
The third course was my least preferred because I’m not very comfortable with eating tartare and foie gras but it was objectively an exotic experience that I enjoyed; finally the last course was super fresh and perfumed since mint and ricotta cheese together makes a great combination.
As for the quantity of the ingredients I think it was more than enough and you can truly taste the high quality of them 🙂
3) Value: 8/10
We paid 30€ each for basically 8 slices of pizza, an appetizer and a dessert.
I think it’s quite fair since this is a very special experience that you don’t do very often.
However I can’t rate this factor more than 8 because the slices are very little and also because, as you can read on the menu below, there is no cheap option in this place: 14€ for a margherita is definitely too much.
4) Service: 10/10
The waiters in this restaurant are young, super caring and nice and they don’t make you uncomfortable at all.
Every time they bring a course to the table they explain what you are about to eat in a very clear and patient way.
The place is very neat and sophisticated.
They are also quite fast to prepare the gourmet pizza slices!
5) Side Effects: 10/10
After eating these slices I felt a bit thirsty but I didn’t experience any bloating or stomachache.
They are very light and easy to digest.
- OVERALL RATING: 9.6/10 (gourmet pizza in Milano!)
- BEVERAGE SUGGESTION: White craft beer
- DESSERT SUGGESTION: Lemon custard with meringue and shortbread cookies