- DESCRIPTION: Campotosto) Mozzarella from Teramo, turnip tops, typical salami from Campotosto Navelli) Saffron cream from Navelli, mozzarella from Teramo, sausage from Torano Nuovo, buffalo cheese from Campli, zucchini noodles, black pepper Civitella Del Tronto) Mozzarella from Teramo, sausage from Torano Nuovo, Porcini mushrooms, truffle shavings from Monti Della Laga
- COUNTRY: Italy
- RESTAURANT ADDRESS: Lungomare Rodi Sud, 64021 Giulianova (TE)
- RESTAURANT WEBSITE: Facebook page
- 5 FACTORS OF AWESOMESAUCE PIZZA:
1) Dough: 10/10
The dough is just the way I like it: thin in the center and a bit puffy and softon the borders as in the Neapolitan style.
Plus it’s very light and tasty.
According to their menu the leavening process lasts about 72 hours and they only use a special local wheat flour so it can’t disappoint anybody.
2) Toppings: 10/10
The mix of ingredients are not so weird but they try to use only local products from Abruzzo so it’s a very valuable mix in my opinion.
I’m reviewing 3 pizzas since I shared them with my parents and I can tell that my favorite one was the Navelli: the saffron cream together with zucchini and buffalo cheese were fresh and tasty and perfect for a summer night.
The other two combinations of ingredients were also super tasty but maybe a better fit for colder nights.
As for the quantity of the ingredients I think it was more than enough and you can truly taste the high quality of them 🙂
3) Value: 8/10
We paid 12€ each on average for these pizzas.
I think it’s quite fair since this is a different pizza experience that you don’t do very often.
Plus there are cheaper deal if you choose traditional pizzas.
However I can’t rate this factor more than 9 because the service is very bad and the place is very cold and impersonal.
4) Service: 4/10
The service in this restaurant is a real problem.
- The waiters look a bit dumb, disoriented and they don’t work in a professional way.
- The wait is endless: they need at least 1 hour to prepare the pizzas even though the restaurant wasn’t crowded at all.
- They didn’t bring the pizzas all together.
- The place, as I’ve already mentioned, is very cold and impersonal and the atmosphere is super awkward because everybody can only stare each other during the endless wait for the pizza.
- Final disaster: our desserts came completely frozen. 😦
5) Side Effects: 10/10
After eating these slices I felt a bit thirsty but I didn’t experience any bloating or stomachache.
They are very light and easy to digest.
- OVERALL RATING: 8.4/10 (gourmet pizza in Giulianova! :0)
- APPETIZER SUGGESTION: Fried Cheese On a Stick
- DESSERT SUGGESTION: White Chocolate Soufflé