- DESCRIPTION: Il Pistacchio (Pistachio cream, ham and buffalo mozzarella cheese, burrata cheese and crumbled hazelnuts), La Zucca (Pumpkin cream, gorgonzola cheese, mozzarella, bacon, cherry tomatoes from Pachino and grating cheese), La vita è bella (Tomato, mozzarella cheese, smoked salmon, shrimps, cherry tomatoes from Pachino, parsley), Sapore di mare (Mozzarella, arugula, smoked salmon, shavings of parmesan cheese).
- COUNTRY: Italy
- RESTAURANT ADDRESS: Piazza Della Libertà 45 64021 Giulianova Paese (TE)
- RESTAURANT WEBSITE: Facebook page – Tripadvisor
- 5 FACTORS OF AWESOMESAUCE PIZZA:
1) Dough: 8/10
This place makes the “pizza in pala” that I wrote about already here; actually I think this place is just the bad imitation of the Green Park. They look like the same pizzas to me even though here they call them “gourmet pizzas”.
The dough is indeed quite thin (but not the thinest I’ve eaten..) in the middle and bit higher on the border.
The crust on the outside as you can see in the picture, is crunchy and “floury”.
The leavening process is very slow so this pizza turns out to be indeed light.
2) Toppings: 8/10
This time I’m reviewing 4 pizzas!! This is because one pizza here is designed to have at most 3 toppings and to be eaten by 2 people so since I went to this place with my parents we chose 4 different toppings and shared everything.
Sharing different toppings is always a very cool idea so I enjoyed this very much!
Plus here the toppings are super special and their quantity is more than sufficient!!
However I don’t think the quality of the ingredients is very high since the two toppings with fish were pretty tasteless 😦
However the pistachio topping was amazing: the mix of ingredients was perfect and super delicious together.
The pumpkin one was my choice but it was a bit disappointing too because they put too much stuff on it: pumpkin cream and gorgonzola cheese would have been more than sufficient.
3) Value: 6/10
We paid almost 55€ for 3 people because they added 2€ each as service fee so in the end it’s more than 15€ each (we ate more than 1 pizza each but still…)
It’s not super cheap and even though this pizza is special for the concept and the original toppings, the service is indeed bad and the quality of the ingredients is not very high.
Therefore I think that there are cheaper pizza deals around so I can’t rate this factor more than 6.
Plus as you can read in the menu below even the classic pizzas are definitely overpriced.
4) Service: 5/10
The service here is sadly very bad.
The guys that work there are not very nice and they are also not very organized; they look disoriented and asleep.
It took a lot of time both to order pizzas and to get them ready even though the restaurant wasn’t crowded at all.
Plus the atmosphere of this place is very cold and impersonal.
However the pizza is served already cut in little pieces so at least this is a good thing.
5) Side Effects: 4/10
After eating these pizzas I was very thirsty and bloated all night long.
Then I woke up very sick with a bad stomachache.
However I’m pretty sure that the dough wasn’t the problem here because this isn’t a usual “pizza sickness”: it might be the burrata cheese or maybe the bad fish.. I don’t know.
In any case it wasn’t a great experience at all 😦
- OVERALL RATING: 6.6/10 (PIZZA IN PALA in Giulianova!)
- DESSERT SUGGESTION: Lactose Free Black Cherry Tiramisù (my mother ordered it there.. I don’t like black cherries so I can’t tell you how it tasted but it looked fancy for sure)
- BEVERAGE SUGGESTION: Hoegaarden White beer