- INGREDIENTS: Wheat flour, chicca di riso Verys – vegetable preparation from germinated brown rice 18,5% (vegetable preparation made from Biosurice 46% (water, germinated brown rice, salt, apple vinegar), water, cold pressed coconut oil, sunflower seed oil with infusion of oregano (sunflower seed oil, oregano), lemon juice, thickeners (gum arabic, xanthan gum, carob flour)), tomato puree, water, tomatoes in rings 8%, tomato pulp, olive oil, durum wheat semolina, salt, sourdough (wheat flour, water), dextrose, malted wheat flour, yeast, oregano.
- BAKING INSTRUCTIONS: Thaw the pizza for ca.10 minutes, preheat the oven (conventional oven at 200°C/ fan oven at 180°C). Remove the foil and bake the pizza placing it on the middle rack for 11-13 minutes ca. These instructions must be considered as a guide: the pizza will be ready when all the cheese melted.
- NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: 754 Kcal (377g)
- BRAND WEBSITE: Official Website
- COUNTRY: Italy
- 5 FACTORS OF AWESOMESAUCE PIZZA:
1) Baking and Appearance: 8/10
I think this pizza is not ugly but it’s not very attractive either; I mean.. this is a vegan option so I guess it’s a bit hard to make a tasty and good looking fake cheese xD Plus it’s a bit broken on one side but I bet it’s just an unfortunate case.
Anyway I can say that it smells very good 🙂
The baking instructions instead are clear and your pizza will be easily ready in about 20 minutes (considering preheating time): crunchy and perfectly cooked.
2) Dough: 9/10
They write on the box that the dough is made with a rising time of at least 5 hours and with the best organic ingredients.
I can honestly taste this thing: it’s very light and thin.
The borders however are puffy and super crunchy.
It’s actually a weird dough for a pizza but I really enjoyed it.
3) Toppings: 9/10
This is the second time I taste vegan pizza and this is also the second time that I really enjoy it.
I mean, I’m not vegan so fake cheese does not make any sense to me but I’ve got to admit that is very tasty!!
This one is made with some kind of rice and it’s very creamy: I liked it!
As for the quantity of toppings I’d say that it’s fair and the quality of the ingredients is high for sure!
Finally I think this vegan option is very interesting.. I would give it a try even if you are not vegan or vegetarian.
3) Value: 9/10
The price of this pizza is 2,99€ and I think it’s pretty fair.
I mean, it’s not very big but the ingredients are definitely special (vegan cheese) and it’s very tasty and light so I think it’s worth it.
5) Side Effects: 10/10
I didn’t experience any side effect. Awesome 🙂
- OVERALL RATING: 9/10 (super tasty vegan frozen pizza!)
- BEVERAGE SUGGESTION: Mort Subite Witte Lambic