- INGREDIENTS: Soft wheat flour type 0, mozzarella 19.7% (milk, salt, lactic ferments, rennet), tomato puree 19%, water, 9.2% smoked sausage (pork 70%, pork fat, salt, dextrose, spices, glucose syrup, antioxidant: rosemary extract, ascorbic acid, sodium ascorbate, spice extracts, preservative: sodium nitrite), tomato pulp 3%, olive oil, iodized salt, dextrose, malted wheat flour, yeast, salt, dried oregano.
- BAKING INSTRUCTIONS: Heat oven (traditional 200°C, ventilated 180°C). Remove all the transparent wrapping and defrost the pizza for about 10 minutes at room temperature. Place it on the middle rack and bake it for 10 minutes. Not all of the ovens bake in the same way, these instructions are to be considered a guide: the pizza will still be cooked when all the cheese melts.
- NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: 840 Kcal (375g)
- BRAND WEBSITE: Official Website
- COUNTRY: Italy
- 5 FACTORS OF AWESOMESAUCE PIZZA:
1) Baking and Appearance: 9/10
This pizza smells great!
I mean.. it smells like american pizza, it smells like grease and meat!
Plus it looks tasty and colorful to me.
The baking instructions are clear and your pizza will be easily ready in about 20 minutes (considering preheating time): crunchy and perfectly cooked.
2) Dough: 8/10
The dough is super thin and tasty; plus the borders are very crunchy.
On the box they state that its leavening process is long; they don’t say how actually long is but I really enjoyed it because in the end it’s super light, easy to digest and in my opinion intensifies the flavor of the toppings.
3) Toppings: 6/10
Reading the ingredients on the box I think that they didn’t put anything too bad in here but they do use oregano instead of basil and this is a classic mistake that I don’t understand
They put olive oil intead of sunflower oil so this is good but the quality of the mozzarella cheese is not very good. I mean.. it is shredded in tiny pieces so you can’t really taste it clearly. I would have preferred bigger pieces of cheese instead of that.
I don’t know anything about the quality of the meat but I can say that it’s super salty and greasy.
As for the quantity of toppings I’d say that the cheese and the pepperonis are definitely enough and in a good proportion.
3) Value: 5/10
The price of this frozen pizza is 3,24€.
You can almost buy a margherita at that price in some restaurants so I don’t think it’s very fair; I know that it’s very big and light but the quality of the ingredients is not very high.
5) Side Effects: 8/10
I was a bit thirsty and bloated all night long but it wasn’t too annoying 🙂
- OVERALL RATING: 7.2/10 (extra thin, extra oily pepperoni pizza!)