- DESCRIPTION: Tataki (wholewheat dough, burrata cheese, tuna steak en croute, crumble, caramelized red onions from Tropea, aged balsamic vinegar from Modena) + Scampiamola (squid ink dough, burrata cheese, guacamole, raw scampi, basil) + Capasanta (wholewheat dough, scallops browned with basil,zucchini flowers, sun-dried tomatoes, drops of balsamic vinegar from Modena, bacon, milk cream with thyme) + Bolognese (wholewheat dough, stracchino cheese, sicilian ratatouille, bologna, pistachio crumbles, truffle oil) + Parma (wholewheat dough, raw ham, sun-dried tomatoes, figues) + Kaiser (wholewheat dough, culatello meat from Zibello, pecorino cheese from Siena, worchestershire mayo)
- COUNTRY: Italy
- RESTAURANT ADDRESS: Largo Aldo Moro 24, 41124 Modena
- RESTAURANT WEBSITE: Official Website – Facebook page – Tripadvisor
- 5 FACTORS OF AWESOMESAUCE PIZZA:
1) Dough: 10/10
The tasting menu offers different kind of dough depending on the toppings; we tasted the squid ink and the wholewheat ones: they were all super light and super special.
It’s thin in the center and puffy and soft on the borders like a focaccia.
The quality of the ingredients is high and you can clearly taste it! 😉
2) Toppings: 10/10
The mix of ingredients are super special and chosen accurately.
The fish ones are my favorite: guacamole & raw scampi are very fresh, while tuna steak & caramelized onions are super tasty and satisfying together! As for the scallops & bacon one, it’s rich and full of flavor.
The meat ones are more “traditional” instead but still well finished in every detail. Bolognese is my favorite one since I love pistachio and the fragrance of truffle; however the worchestershire mayo in the Kaiser one is excellent too and the sweet/salty contrast in the Parma one is always a great combination.
Finally I think that the quantity of the ingredients used is more than enough and you can truly taste the high quality of them 🙂
3) Value: 8/10
We basically paid 23€ each for 1 pizza: 3 fish-based and 3 meat-based slices.
Then they added 2€ as service fee.
I think it’s quite fair since this is a very special experience that you don’t do very often.
However I can’t rate this factor more than 8 because the slices are very little and also because there is no cheaper option in this place: even if you don’t choose the tasting menu the cheaper pizza costs 15€ (Bolognese).
4) Service: 10/10
The service in this restaurant is very good.
The waiters are caring, nice and every time they bring you a course to the table they explain what you are about to eat.
The place is very neat and sophisticated.
They are also quite fast to prepare the gourmet pizza slices!
5) Side Effects: 10/10
After eating these slices I felt a bit thirsty but I didn’t experience any bloating or stomachache.
They are very light and easy to digest.
- OVERALL RATING: 9.6/10 (gourmet pizza in Modena!)
- BEVERAGE SUGGESTION: Blanche craft beer
- DESSERT SUGGESTION: Vanilla & ginger panna cotta with basil sauce and red berries