- INGREDIENTS: Soft wheat flour type 00 and 0, 15% escarole, 14% tomato puree, sunflower oil, water, black olives from Leccino 4%, 3.5% extra virgin olive oil, onion, butter, salt, sugar, peppery fresh cheese (pasteurized sheep milk, rennet, salt, black pepper, lactic ferments), grated cheese (milk, salt, rennet, preservative: lysozyme from egg), 0.9% of sorrento nuts, brewer’s yeast, 0.45 % capers from the Aeolian Islands, whole milk powder, garlic, basil 0.3%, anchovy paste (anchovies, sunflower oil, salt), oregano, black pepper, nutmeg, chili.
- BAKING INSTRUCTIONS: Preheat your oven to 180°C while letting the pizza defrost at room temperature for about 15 minutes. Then bake at mid-height on the grill of the oven using the tray included in the package for about 30 minutes.
- NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: 848 Kcal (400g)
- BRAND WEBSITE: Official Website
- COUNTRY: Italy
- 5 FACTORS OF AWESOMESAUCE PIZZA:
1) Baking and Appearance: 4/10
This pizza is more like a stuffed pie than a real pizza but it clearly has some “pizza characteristics”.
In any case it does not look very yummy to me, it’s kinda scary actually.
The baking instructions were not so clear since after 30 minutes it was not completely defrosted in the middle so I had to put it back in the oven for a little while (about 10 minutes) after cutting one slice.
2) Dough: 5/10
The dough is very weird for a pizza; it has the texture of a toast or a cracker.
It’s very crunchy and not so thin whatsoever but it tastes okay.
However I can tell you that it is hard to digest and also not so healthy 😦
3) Toppings: 7/10
The tomato sauce and the green “pesto” sauce on the top of this pie are waaaay too salty but they taste great.
You can taste the parmesan cheese a lot and this to me is a good thing but then the presence of scarola, walnuts and capes is totally covered by it so it’s a bit disappointing.
The quantity of the ingredients is fair and the mix of ingredient is not conventional but very intriguing instead.
I didn’t miss the lack of mozzarella or a main cheese 🙂
3) Value: 6/10
This pizza costs 2,99€ and I think it’s a bit too much.
I mean, I get that this is a special pizza but the quality of the ingredients does not reflect this price at all in my opinion.
5) Side Effects: 6/10
After a few hours I felt bloated and very very thirsty (probably because of the salty sauces) and it was very annoying
- OVERALL RATING: 5.6/10 ( crazy stuffed pizza!)