- INGREDIENTS: 23.7% soft wheat flour, 20.7% whole wheat flour, 13.2% vegetable based preparation (water, modified potato and maize starch, coconut oil, vegetable protein, salt, vegetable fibers of acacia And chicory, flavoring, stabilizing: tare gum, dyes: calcium carbonate, beta carotene, preservative: sorbic acid, vitamin B12), water, 8% tomato paste, 8% tomato pulp, 6% cherry tomatoes, 2,1 % Sunflower oil, 1.6% extra virgin olive oil, salt, yeast, 0.36% olive oil, stabilized grain germ, 0.13% parsley, 0.1% basil, sugar, 0.03% oregano, 0.02% garlic.
- BAKING INSTRUCTIONS: Preheat the oven to 220°C. Remove the foil and bake the pizza placing it on the middle rack for 6-8 minutes ca. These instructions must be considered as a guide: the pizza will be ready when all the cheese melted.
- NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: 889 Kcal (380g)
- BRAND WEBSITE: /
- COUNTRY: Italy
- 5 FACTORS OF AWESOMESAUCE PIZZA:
1) Baking and Appearance: 7/10
I think this pizza is not ugly but it’s not very attractive either; I mean.. this is a vegan option so I guess it’s a bit hard to make a tasty and good looking fake cheese.
The baking instructions are not very clear since they don’t say anything about defrosting it or not; I didn’t but then it took almost double the time to bake the whole pie (around 15 minutes)
2) Dough: 10/10
I loved this kind of dough: it’s thin but not too thin everywhere and it tastes great.
I think that the whole wheat flour really makes the difference here.
On the box they write that the leavening process takes 24 hours and I can believe that because it was super light in the end 🙂
3) Toppings: 7/10
I’m not vegan so fake cheese does not make any sense to me but I can honestly say that this one was tasty; the only problem is its consistency: it’s creamy like soft cheese so as a pizza topping it’s definitely weird. Plus reading the ingredients of this fake cheese I cannot understand what it is made of
As for the quantity of cheese and tomatoes I’d say that it’s fair!
However you can also taste a lot of garlic so if you don’t like garlic you wouldn’t enjoy it.
Finally I think this vegan option is very interesting and I would give it a try even if you are not vegan or vegetarian.
3) Value: 10/10
The price of this pizza is 1,99€ and I think it’s a super nice deal.
I mean, it’s not very big but the ingredients are definitely special (vegan cheese) and it’s very tasty and light so I think it’s worth it.
5) Side Effects: 10/10
I didn’t experience any side effect. Awesome 🙂
- OVERALL RATING: 8.8/10 (whole wheat vegan frozen pizza!)