- INGREDIENTS: Wheat flour, mozzarella (14%) (milk, salt, cultures, rennet), water, tomato puree (8%), turnip tops (8%), tomato pulp (7%), ‘nduja sausage (4%) (pork fat, pork, chilli pepper, salt, spice extracts), onion, extra virgin olive oil, salt, sunflower oil, yeast, malted wheat flour, sugar, oregano, chilli powder, garlic.
- BAKING INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the Pizza from the packaging and let it defrost for about 10 minutes. Preheat the oven to a temperature of about 220°C. Bake it on the oven tray for about 8-10 minutes, until the cheese melts.
- NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: 975 Kcal (390g)
- BRAND WEBSITE: Official Website
- COUNTRY: Italy
- 5 FACTORS OF AWESOMESAUCE PIZZA:
1) Baking and Appearance: 5/10
As you can see from the picture below this pizza doesn’t look very yummy.
The ingredients are put in the middle of the pizza in a messy way and some areas are totally empty.
Plus the cheese is weird and a bit burnt. This last thing is probably my fault though because I left it 11 minutes inside the oven -.-
2) Dough: 6/10
The dough is the most disappointing thing of this pizza because it’s a bit tasteless; the pieces without toppings on the outside are very bland and they lack of salt.
The crust is crunchy and it’s not thin but it’s not thick either: a very boring in between state.
They write on the box that the leavening process is 24 hours long so it should be very light but I don’t think you can actually taste that.
3) Toppings: 6/10
I still don’t know why I bought this pizza in the first place since I don’t like spicy food but I mean.. it wasn’t that spicy!! A person from Calabria who usually eats very spicy food would think that this pizza is a joke or something like that.
The quantity of ‘nduja and cheese is very low compared to the amount of red onions that are not even listed among the main ingredients of this pizza.
However, the greens taste good and I appreciated this mix of ingredients because it’s not very common in the frozen pizzas world.
3) Value: 5/10
This pizza costs 3,79€ and I think it’s not completely fair since the only “expensive” ingredients is ‘nduja sausage and its amount is ridiculously low.
5) Side Effects: 4/10
After a few hours I felt very thirsty and I experience bloating and stomachache all night long (I might not be accustomed to spicy food though so it’s not completely their fault).
- OVERALL RATING: 5.2/10 (not so spicy frozen pizza from Calabria!)